Imagine you work for a company that has recently merged with a global company. Write a brief introduction to your company as well as the company that merged with the company. Then develop an eight to ten (8-10) point checklist detailing what steps you would take as the HR manager to help unify the culture of both companies.
Create two (2) company introductions and develop an eight to ten (8-10) point checklist in which you:
- Give a succinct overview of your fictitious company.
- Give a succinct overview of the fictitious company merged with.
- Develop an eight to ten (8-10) point checklist of steps you would take to unify company culture.
- Explain your rationale for choosing each of the steps in your checklist.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
b. Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
c. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the nature of globalization, cultures, and labor markets, and assess the impact on human Capital management (HRM).
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global HRM.
- Write clearly and concisely about global HRM using proper writing mechanics.
The best merging would happen between a business related company and a an IT- based company as the IT-based global company helps the other withdraw a lot of manual work hence making work easier and hence saving time.
1. The two companies must be combined in one QuickBooks by;
Launching of the QuickBooks.
Combine Reports from both Companies.
Add the files.
List the selected reports for combining section.
Enter date range
Chose the desired report basis.
Combine the reports in excel.
2. Identify whether the unification is to be vertical or horizontal
Vertical merging the company merges with the supplier or the customers so as to create efficiencies in operations while in horizontal merger the two organizations usually are competitors.
Usually the partnership must be negotiated before the merging with the owners, the key stakeholders plus the board members being involved that is throughout the process so as to hash out fairest deal for the both companies.
4. Seeking of advice
Usually the legal issues are a major problem making it vital to seek advice from the lawyers early enough before the merging.
5. The due diligence
Involves the checking of tax issues, questionable transactions, illegal activity, account commercial, ethical plus the philosophical aspects that is of each of the given companies.
6. Branding up
Considerations are made on which brand name should be used usually is based on which company holds the best current position in the target market.
7. the cultural identities
Identification on the similarities plus the differences of both the companies I carried out and affair combination is done.
careful decisions are a necessity plus the experts are required to consult for employment law advice for which the individuals usually are offered redundancies hence operation of the new workforce.
Click following link to download this document