Effective Consumer Relations
You are working as a manager in a local hospital. You received some patient satisfaction survey data, and you were asked to review the data and consider the impact on consumer relations.
Review the Patient Satisfaction Survey below:
Hospital Patient Satisfaction Survey
|Patient Satisfaction Indicator||Current Performance||Goal|
|Hospital cleanliness||8.2||> = 9.2|
|Overall patient satisfaction with doctors||7.6||> = 9.2|
|Average patient wait time||13 minutes||< = 15 minutes|
|Overall patient satisfaction with hospital||9.7||> = 9.2|
Complete the following prompts based on the chart provided above.
Patient satisfaction strength
|Patient’s wait time is good since they do have to wait for long to see a doctor. The goal has been met. Functional Strategy – The hospital needs to be in communication with the doctors and find ways of improving their relationship with the patients as there is a low patient satisfaction with doctors as indicated in the current performance. This could be done by doctors being in discussion with patients on the best ways of treatment the doctor sees instead of just recommending what they deem right for the patient.|
Patient satisfaction weakness
- Identify a patient satisfaction indicator that could be considered a strength for the hospital based on its current performance and the hospital’s goal.
- Identify a strategy the hospital could use so that this indicator remains a strength in patient satisfaction.
|Hospital cleanliness-this is an indicator that could be considered a weakness for the hospital based on its current performance and the hospital’s goal.To stop this indicator from remaining a weakness in the patient’s satisfaction, the hospital should maintain cleanliness within the hospital.|
Patient satisfaction opportunity
- Identify a patient satisfaction indicator that could be considered a weakness for the hospital based on its current performance and the hospital’s goal.
- Identify a strategy the hospital could use so that this indicator does not remain a weakness in patient satisfaction.
|The overall patient satisfaction – Many patients are satisfied with the hospital’s hhandling condition. The hospital can use this opportunity as a strategy too meet goals by introduction of net doctor patient relationship and even new drugs.Patients are generally satiafied with the hospital though the section that deals with patient-doctor need to be improved.|
Explain the importance of effective consumer relations in the health care industry.
- Identify a patient satisfaction indicator that could be considered an opportunity for the hospital based on its current performance and the hospital’s goal.
- Identify a strategy the hospital could use so that this indicator could transform into a strength in patient satisfaction.
Consider the role data (e.g., surveys) plays in effective consumer relations.
|Meeting patient’s needs – Patients in a hospital have various needs that need to be met and acted upon professionally. Offering good customer service means that you will properly schedule appointments so that no patient has to wait too long, treat the person with dignity while they are in your care, answer any questions they have, reassure them, and volunteer certain information about the procedure without overstepping your boundsListening and being passionate – As much as patients are the hospital’s customers, taking an extra step in maing sure that their needs are metand addressed satisfactorily. This is considering the fact that patients might b under stress or pain. Doctors need to act more as the data shows that patients are generally not satisfied with their doctors (Joolaee, Givari, Taavoni, Bahrani & REZA,2008). The hospital needs to be in communication with the doctors and service then with the relevant patient complaints so that they can act accordingly with the information at hand.|
Cite any peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references used to support your assignment
- Consider the role communication plays in effective consumer relations.
|ReferenceJoolaee, S., Givari, A., Taavoni, S., Bahrani, N., & REZA, P. R. (2008). PATIENTS’SATISFACTION WITH PROVIDED NURSING CARE.|
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Click following link to download this document
HCS 131 Effective Consumer Relations .docx