Q1:What are the three models of cloud computing according to the NIST clouding computing reference architecture? List the advantages and disadvantages of each model. (10 points)
The three Service models for cloud computing are:
Q2:What are the major network management functions? (10 points)
- Software as a service (SaaS): has the capability to provide to the consumer providers application running on the cloud infrastructure. The applications are accessible from various client devices through a client interface like a Web-Browser. You can obtain desk top and server licenses from the cloud service. SaaS saved the complexity of software installation, maintenance, upgrades and patches to the system .
- The disadvantages are security concerns which is one of the main inhibitors to adoption of the cloud is having access to management and the privacy of sensitive information that is currently being stored into the cloud. The other is compliance were certain regulations can intercede with the production and movement of cloud computing in the certain countries and industries were data is being stored.
- Platform as a service (Paas): Is the ability to provide the customer deployment onto the cloud infrastructure consumer created or acquired applications created using specific programing languages an tools supported by the specific provider . All in all the main function of the PaaS is it’s the main operating system of the cloud.
- Disadvantages and drawbacks are data security, limited flexibility, customer capacity, and problems of integrations with in house systems and the applications that are supposed to support them.
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is the capacity that provides to the consumers is to provision processing, storage, network and other possible fundamental computing resources were the consumer is able to deploy and run arbitrary software that is used in the system . This system enables customers to combine basic computing services like number computing and data storage that is adaptable computer systems .
- Disadvantages of this type of system is again the security of the cloud system, the dependency and reliability of the vendor look it which is a major disadvantage since cloud computing is the implicit dependency of the provider. The industry term for this is vendor lock-in since it’s difficult and sometimes impossible to migrate from one provider once you have already been established with them (Illias Tsagklis, 2013).
Q3:Compare SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3. (10 points)
Q4:Describe DiffServ Code Point (DSCP). (10 points)
Q5:What are the major Web application security issues and mitigation mechanisms? Please explain them. (10 points)
Q6:What are the major Web peer to peer application security issues and mitigation mechanisms? Please explain them. (10 points)
Q7: What are the cellular mobile network and device management functions? Please describe each one. (10 points)
Q8: Explain the differences among an intranet, extranet, and the Internet. Provide three examples to illustrate an appropriate use for each of them.
Intranet is the implementation of internet technology within a corporate organization rather than for external connection to the global internet. What accounts for this growth is a long list of attractive features and advantages First its rapidly prototyping and deployment of new services, scales effectively, there is virtually no user training involved, it can be implemented on all platforms and its open architecture means large and growing number of ass-on applications is available across many IT platforms
Extranets is similar to intranet but it makes use of TCP/IP and their applications especially on the web this distinguishing feature of the extranet is that provides across to corporate resources by outside clients. The essential feature of an extranet is that it enables the sharing of information among companies. Some examples are that it reducing costs with minimized paper work and human involvement. Coordination is also critical information from one partner can be made available so that another partner can quickly make decisions For example a manufacturer can coordinate its production by checking the inventory status for the customer . Expedited communications will increase the efficiency and effectiveness and efficiency of communication among the business partners by linking intranets for immediate access to critical information .
Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks. It’s not controlled by a central entity and therefor relies on network devices and accepted conventions and protocols to rely the data traffic until its gets to its intended destination at this time the internet remains unregulated and uncensored. An example of the internet is the connected search of the World Wide Web which allows users to perform a search on business or perform online purchases.
Q9: Conduct research on the Internet and find what IoT vendor products and platforms are already available or about to be released – list at least 3 and provide a short description for each one. (10 points)
Q10: Describe one real or future (even imaginary) IoT (or CPS – Cyber Physical System) use case. Provide details on the system(s) requirements from user(s)/actor(s) perspective. (10 points)
- Cisco: Cisco’s approach to IoT builds on by adding people, process and data, they claim that the network intelligence allows convergence, orchestration and visibility across disparate systems. The element is based on gateway reach the full value potential of the IoT (Violino, 2014). What Cisco has done was take a multi-layer architecture approach of helping business implement an IoT infrastructure (Violino, 2014). Ciscos IOx of Cisco’s multi-layer IoT platform, brings intelligent compute and open connectivity to the network edge by placing them closet to were the data is being collected and real time decisions are being made (Violino, 2014). This application architecture framework accelerates solution performance in an open, flexible and manageable way, to inspire new business models for innovative operations (Violino, 2014).
Click following link to download this document
ITEC 626 Final Exam.docx