Interview Questions for Family Health Assessment
Grand Canyon University: NRS-429VN
Interview Questions for Family Health Assessment
Values & Health Perception
Wifes mother has high blood pressure related to obesity. The family has health insurance and access to medical treatment. Doctor’s are seen as needed and
- Describe the values that you honor as a family?
- Being respectful, honest, supporting each other, working hard to be successful, never quiting , being non violent, making education priority.
- Does your family have a history of health complications?
- Wifes Mother high blood pressure, obesity
- What health issues does the family members have? What does the family do to maintain their health? Does the family have access to medical treatment if needed? If yes, do they utilize medical treatment? Wifes mother has high blood pressure related to obesity. The family has health insurance and access to medical treatment. Doctor’s are seen as needed and
- Does the family practice healthy eating habits on a daily basis? Most of the time. The parents and children have busy schedules..
- Does the family choose to eat healthy food at home or prefer to eat out? Choose healthy but eat out at least twice a week.
- Does accessing healthy nutrition difficult for the family? No the family is financially stable and healthy food options are easily accessible.
- How many hours do the family members sleep each night? Two children get adequate sleep for their age and one child is sleep deprived. The oldest school aged child may be suffering with undiagnoses ADHD as per the pediatricans evalustion. The parents sleep only 6 hours a night due to family responsibilities. The live in grandmother sleeps at night and takes naps in the day.
- What bedtime schedule and wake up schedule does the family maintain? Do you feel the family is sleeping enough? Two children are but the parents stated, “they themselves are feeling exhausted.”
- Does the family sleep in a comfortable sleeping enviorment? yes
- Does the family have healthy bladder and bowel movement patterns? yes
- Has anyone in the family been inflicted with bladder and bowel movement patterns change? If so, how? Nobody except the grandmothers condition, which has effected the family.
- Does anyone in the family have issues or suffer with constipation or diarrhea? Does the family have any disease of the digestive system, urinary system or skin? Grandmother colitis
- Does the members of the family practice a pattern of exercise and recreation? If yes how often does the family exercise? Yes almost daily
- What kind of exercises or recreational activity does the familt prefer? Gym running after school activities
- Do you exercise at home or you have a membership in fitness club? gym
- What are the levels of education of each family member?Masters, bachelors, grade school
- Does anyone in the family have any sensory deficits? If yes, has this been corrected?no
- Do all family members express themselves logically and clear? you participate in cognitive activities, and how often? yes
- Would you consider all your senses fully functioning? yes
- Does anyone in the family have any sensory deficits? If yes, has this been corrected?
- Do the children have any sensory defiicits in school? No Do the adults in the family have any problems in any of the senses? Grandmother and father wear glasses
- What are your most important family values? Honesty, respect, support, being fair, not cheating
- Does the family contribute to the community? Yes church
- Does the family support each other’s achievements and encourage each member to achieve desired goals? Yes
- What role does each member play in the family as far as financial support and caring for the younger family members? Father has 3 jobs, mother is a teacher
- Does the family members have a social life? Parents have a big social circle of friends as well as the children do too. Grandmother feels lonely and isolated How often does the family see friends? At least weekly or more
- Has the family maintained healthy relationship with friends and other extended family members? Yes
- How many children live in the household and are they sexually active? 3 no
- Is the married couple in the family satisfied with their sexuality?yes
- How often do you discuss sexuality with children? Appropriate conversations that would relate to their developmental level if questions are asked by the younger members.
- Have your family faced any serious problems?financial
- How did you tell about that to the rest of the family members? Discussed wigh the adults in the family and implemented a plan of action to make money. Husband started a business
- Was the problem solved, and how did you cope with that? Problem is in the process of being solved. Husband has excellent coping skills, wife doesn’t
Wellness Nursing diagnoses
Risk nursing diagnoses
The family is at high risk for depression as the grandmothers health has created strain on the other members. The grandmothers health needs have become priority and made living a stress free life nearly impossible for the parents and children. Mrs. Tangney (grandmother) needs to seek medical depression for her anxiety, depression and obesity. The wife of Mr.Salamone is at risk for depression herself being that she has suffered with poor coping skills in the past and the financial problem has yet to be totally resolved. The older child needs to follow up with the pediatrician in regards to poor sleeping habits and possible ADHD. This needs to be a priority and immediate intervention and behavioral therapy from a psychologist.
The family as a unit is thriving mentally and physically. Mr.Salamone and family utilize community resources which include the family practicioner, pediatrician. Food market, church, after school activities. Mrs. Tangney visits the cardiologist and has just joined the community center for ages 65 plus. Overall, the family supports each other and and maintains their health from abstaining from alchohol , cigarette smole and other risky behaviors. The tangney’s and Mrs.Salamone are church people who practice their faith and have deep respect for spiritual well being.