1)What are the six general skills all project team members should have?
2)List the advantages of using systems analysis and design techniques in approaching computerized information systems for business?
- Technical skills
- Business skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Management skills
- Ethical skills
3)What personal qualities are helpful to a system analyst? List them.
- System analysis and design techniques provide the analyst with a systematic procedure to analyse data input, data flow, and information output.
4)Describe the principle steps in the analysis phase and list the major deliverables?
- Problem-solving abilities
- Communication skills
- Computer experience
- Self-discipline and self-motivation
- Project management capabilities
- Analysis strategy is developed to guide the project team’s efforts. Such a strategy usually includes an analysis of the current system (as-is system) and its problems, and then ways to design a new system (to-be system)
- Requirements gathering: The analysis of this informationleads to the development of a concept for a new system. The system concept is then used as a basis to develop a set of business analysis modelsthat describes how the business will operate if the new system were developed
- System proposal: The analyses, system concept, and models are combined into a document called the system proposal, which is presented to the project sponsor and other key decision makers. The system proposal is the initial deliverable that describes what business requirements the new system should meet. This is really the first step in the design of the new system
As part of your job search, you decide to find out more about salaries and qualifications for systems analysts in area where you would like to work. To increase your knowledge, search the internet to perform the following research.
- Find information about a career as a system analyst including the skills required for thejob.
- A systems analyst is a person who uses analysis and design techniques to solve business problems using information technology. Systems analysts set up new computer systems, both the hardware and software, add new software applications to increase computer productivity.
- The skills required for the job:
- The ability to gather and interpret information
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Good teamwork skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Project management skills
- A willingness to keep up to date with development in technology
- Using the Internet, determine whether the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics lists salaryinformation for system analysts. If so, summarize the information you find.
The median annual wage for computer systems analysts was $85,800 in May 2015. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $51,910, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $135,450.
In May 2015, the median annual wages for computer systems analysts in the top industries in which they worked were as follows:
|Computer systems design and related services||$88,130|
|Management of companies and enterprises||$87,360|
|Finance and insurance||$86,820|
|State and local government, excluding education and hospitals||$75,210|
Most systems analysts work full time. About 1 in 5 worked more than 40 hours per week in 2014.
- Find at least two online ads for system analysts and list the employers, the qualifications, and the salaries, if mentioned.
- Java Enterprise System Analyst
- System Analyst
- Find at least one ad for an IT position that specifically mentions e-commerce.
- E–Commerce Executive
- E-commerce Technical Operations Manager
- Locate a news article in an IT trade magazine (e.g. Computerworld) about an organization that is implementing a new computer system. Describe the tangible and intangible value that the organization likely will realize from the new system.
|Integrated revenue management module for inventory management||Cargo Extensible Mark – up Language|
|Cargo load||World Customs Organization (WCO)|
|Robust cargo revenue accounting suite||International Standards Organization (ISO)|
|Cargo Reservations, Operations, Accounting and Management Information System (CROAMIS)|
|International Air Transport Association (IATA)|
Table 1: The tangible and intangible value that Qatar Airway likely will realize from the Cargo XML Messaging
|Business need||Increase salesIncrease market shareBroaden geographic reach to potential customers|
|Business requirements||Web – based access to vehicle inventory including picturesSearch capabilitiesAbility to process requests for more information about a vehicle|
|Business value||Increase sales by 4%Increase market share by 1.5%Broaden reach to customers within 250 miles radius of dealership|
|Special Issues||Must have someone who will keep Web site content up to date constantlyWho will handle customer inquiries?How will this person be compensated?Will the compensation of our current sales forced be affected?How will the sales force feel about this new system?Will having our own Web – based sales system affect our participation in the Motorzone chain?|
- Motorbike dealers have realized how profitable it can be to sell motorbike by using the Web. Pretend that you work for a local bike dealership that is part of a large chain such as a Motorzone. Create a system request you might use to develop a Web-based sales system. Remember to list special issues that are relevant to the project.
Systems analyst. (2016). Wikipedia. Retrieved 24 September, 2016, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_analyst
In-text citation: (Systems analyst, 2016)
National careers service. (2016). Directgovuk. Retrieved 24 September, 2016, from https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/SystemsAnalyst.aspx
In-text citation: (National careers service, 2016)
Jobstreetcommy. (2016). Jobstreetcommy. Retrieved 24 September, 2016, from http://www.jobstreet.com.my/en/job-search/job-vacancy.php?key=e commerce
In-text citation: (Jobstreetcommy, 2016)
Indeedcommy. (2016). Indeedcommy. Retrieved 24 September, 2016, from http://www.indeed.com.my/jobs?q=Ecommerce
In-text citation: (Indeedcommy, 2016)
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Computer Systems Analysts,
on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-systems-analysts.htm (visited September 23, 2016)
Click following link to download this document
Lab 1 Project Selection Management.docx